[systemd-devel] automount EFI system partition to /efi fails

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Apr 25 19:24:57 UTC 2018

What happens if /efi does not yet exist? I created it normally 'sudo
mkdir /efi' before modifying /etc/fstab to comment out /boot/efi line.

So far as I know, installers don't create /efi (Fedora's installer
does not) so that would be a needed feature. And then also things that
modify /boot/efi need to be modified to use /efi instead. Some of this
is abstracted with symlinks, e.g. Fedora uses symlink grub2-efi.cfg ->
../boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg which is how grubby modifies it, but
that can be changed to grub2-efi.cfg -> ../efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg -
the bigger change is with the bootloader binaries needing updating,
those packages have to know to look at both locations for the
foreseeable future. Not too difficult, just a matter of doing it.

---
Chris Murphy