[systemd-devel] How to forward logs journald-remote to local rsyslog? Is exist this functionality?

Vitaliy Tolyupa vetalvv at mail.ru
Sun Aug 26 16:57:30 UTC 2018

Hi Guys!

I have following congiguration: 1. server with journald and journald-upload (client server) 2. Central log server with journald and journald-remote and rsyslog.
I configured sending logs from journald-upload to journald-remote (This is my central log server).
Next, I need to forward logs from central log server to Logstash. Because of logstash-input-journald has some issues, I wanna use rsyslog as a transport between journald-remote server and logstash.
Sending logs from journald to rsyslog on the local server works fine. But I don't understand why logs from journald-upload to central server doesn't send to rsyslog on the remote server. On the central server, localy sending logs from jornald ro rsyslog work fine.
How to send logs, accepted from journald-upload to rsyslog on the central server? Is exist this functionality?

Thanks

---
Vitaliy
vetalvv at mail.ru