[systemd-devel] Select on value of log message

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Aug 30 16:56:01 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-08-30 at 16:39 +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am Do., 30. Aug. 2018 um 15:50 Uhr schrieb Jérémy Rosen <
> jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>:
> > I *think* that it's deactivated in debian because journalctl is a
> > core package and debian doesn't want to pull the regex library into
> > it's core...
> >

> Right, no need to file another bug report.

OTOH the older libpcre is currently necessary due to dependencies such
as grep, and the packages say people should migrate to libpcre2. So IMO
it'd be reasonable to add a libpcre2 dependency, and respond to any
complaints by saying that if people want to remove a pcre library, they
should migrate the packages using the old version, so it could be
removed instead.

Keeping code using an up-to-date dependency disabled because other
packages haven't been updated seems backwards...