[systemd-devel] Systemd and kernel keyring

Sietse van Zanen sietse at wizdom.nu
Mon Dec 10 10:21:53 UTC 2018

I want to make these passwords inaccessible outside the systemd service
even by that USER. (or does it sound something contradictory?)

In that case you cannot use the user keyring, as any key there will always be available to the user. You will either need to use the process keyring, or the session keyring for your service.

-Sietse