[systemd-devel] Fwd: sdbus-filedescriptor does reproducibly NOT get triggered in a specific situation

Jan Mueller janmueller.email at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:28:20 UTC 2018

> > please see the referenced + updated example project:
> > https://github.com/mue-jan/dbus-missing-signals-or-fd-issue

> You need to call the three calls on *every* loop iteration, and update fd/
> events/timeout on the epoll object before you can go to sleep. The I/O
events,
> timeouts, fd can change on each iteration, hence this requirement.
(Instead of
> epoll consider just using ppoll()/poll() where this is easier.)

Hey Lennart, sorry for the delayed response.
I reworked the above mentioned example once again, (re-) configuring the
poll-
filedescriptors on each loop-iteration right before the poll()-call.
The behavior is still the same.
As long as the sender is blocked within its own sd_bus_call() (waiting for
the
reply-message), sent signals won't trigger its sd_bus-filedescriptor.

Jan