[systemd-devel] Suspend issues

Pratyush Das reikdas at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 17:53:40 UTC 2018

OS - Gentoo
Kernel - 4.14.83-gentoo
My laptop is an optimus laptop if that is relevant.

Configuration-
reik at localhost ~ $ systemctl --version
systemd 239
+PAM -AUDIT -SELINUX +IMA -APPARMOR +SMACK -SYSVINIT +UTMP -LIBCRYPTSETUP
+GCRYPT -GNUTLS +ACL -XZ +LZ4 +SECCOMP +BLKID -ELFUTILS +KMOD -IDN2 -IDN
+PCRE2 default-hierarchy=hybrid

Running systemctl suspend (or suspending my laptop by pressing the power
button - I think it triggers systemctl suspend) disables the external
monitor on my laptop. For my external monitor to turn back on, only
powering off my laptop and turning it back on works. Rebooting does not.

It works perfectly when I do not have an external monitor connected.

Corresponding Gentoo forums post -
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1090924-highlight-.html

I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!

--
Pratyush Das(Reik)