[systemd-devel] Create a target unit to start & stop a group of services

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Tue Feb 27 08:34:18 UTC 2018

On 27/02/2018 02:49, 林自均 wrote:
> Hi both Michal,
>
> Thank you for the quick responses! I think I will keep on using the tedious
> PartOf= directive.
>
> However, may I ask why ConsistsOf= is readonly? If I can use it in my
> "my-apps.target", that would be great.
Because "ConsistsOf" doesn't exist in the way you think it does...

Every relation between units (Wants, Before, PartOf) needs to have an
internal, reverse relation for accounting purpose

That reverse relation is usually an internal detail, but it is handy to
expose
it in "systemctl show" & co.

So that's what you see, an internal property exposed for ease-of-use. not an
external, user configurable property

> John Lin
>
> Michal Koutný <mkoutny at suse.com> 於 2018年2月26日 週一 下午7:28寫道:
>

>> On 02/26/2018 11:08 AM, Michal Sekletar wrote:
>>> Unfortunately, we don't have a dependency (AFAIK) that only propagates
>>> stop actions.
>> FTR (not helpful for the original problem), there exists ConsistsOf= as
>> an inverse of PartOf= dependency. However, it's read only currently (or
>> strictly speaking, writable through the PartOf= endpoint).
>>
>> Michal

SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire