[systemd-devel] EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS) Kevin.Boyce at ngc.com
Mon Jan 15 13:39:14 UTC 2018

> you can't Require mysql because it's wrong when postgresql is used you can't Require postgresql because it's wrong when mysql is used

Why wouldn't the mysql/postgres/mariadb packager have a section as follows:
[Install]
Alias=database.service

Then you could have other services reference the dependency on database.service.  I think this would work much like the display-manager.service.  Not everyone uses gdm, some use lightdm, kdm, etc.  I expect it work work the same way.

Kevin