[systemd-devel] EXT :Re: systemctl start second.service first.service

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 15 14:28:47 UTC 2018

Am 15.01.2018 um 14:39 schrieb Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS):
>> you can't Require mysql because it's wrong when postgresql is used you can't Require postgresql because it's wrong when mysql is used
>
> Why wouldn't the mysql/postgres/mariadb packager have a section as follows:
> [Install]
> Alias=database.service
>
> Then you could have other services reference the dependency on database.service.  I think this would work much like the display-manager.service.  Not everyone uses gdm, some use lightdm, kdm, etc.  I expect it work work the same way.

because that is just a workaround caused by unexpected behavior?

because it would need to be implemented in all unit-files across
distributions including user-overrides?

because restart of services with requires is not that funny anyways

because it should not be needed and is *only one* sample case while the
problem is a greater one where your idea don't scale at all

come on and solve the call below that way while at boot and shutdown
they all get started/stoppe din right order automatically!

systemctl condrestart acpid alsa-state apcupsd asterisk asteriskweb
avahi-daemon clamav-milter clamd clamd-sa crond cups dbmail-imapd
dbmail-lmtpd dbmail-pop3d dbmail-timsieved dhcpd dhcpd-guest
dhcpd-vmware dm-event dnsmasq dovecot forward-flow-home forward-hosting
haveged hostapd hostapd-guest httpd imapproxy irqbalance jabber
lm_sensors lvm2-lvmetad mailgraph mdmonitor mediatomb
monitor-dbmail-imapd monitor-dbmail-lmtpd monitor-dbmail-pop3d
monitor-httpd mpdscribble named netatalk network-wan-bridge ntpd openvpn
openvpn-as openvpn-flow openvpn-io openvpn-rh openvpn-server
openvpn-south panel postfix postgrey preload pulsed pure-ftpd rbldnsd
replication rngd rsyncd rsyslog serverstatus smartd smb smokeping
spamassassin spamassassin-debug spamassassin-submission spamass-milter
spamass-milter-submission sshd trafficserver udisks2 unbound upower
vmtoolsd vnstat xinetd