[systemd-devel] systemd-logind failing due to dbus error on org.freedesktop.systemd1

Gustavo Sousa gustavo.jo.sousa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 20:28:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Michal Koutný <mkoutny at suse.com> wrote:

> On 01/31/2018 03:55 PM, Gustavo Sousa wrote:
>> Unfortunately, no. I didn't actually wait for the auto restart, I
>> tried myself with 'systemctl restart systemd-logind'.
> It seems like systemd-logind was thus properly connected to dbus and
> there may be other issue.
>
> Could you please post logs preceding the snippet you sent previously?
> (It seems something must went wrong at/before 8:38:51.)
I looked at the logs preceding that, but they logged the same error
(probably due to retries and me logging in?).
Then I decided to look at the logs from the beginning and realized a
different systemd error message (the snippet can be checked at
https://pastebin.com/kcAVcUQz):

Jan 30 14:18:09 systemd[1]: Failed to subscribe to NameOwnerChanged
signal for 'org.freedesktop.login1': Connection timed out

I also noticed that

> Also since it
> happened after reboot and systemd-logind restart didn't help, does it
> mean it's reproducible or still present?
Yes, it is still present. About it being reproducible, it is in my
environment, but I'm not sure how easily that could be reproduced in a
different environment.

> Can you see 'org.freedesktop.systemd1' name owned in the `busctl` output?
I'm not really familiar with dbus, but if by "owned" you mean that it
does have a process associated to it, then I would say no. Here is a
link for the output of `busctl`  https://pastebin.com/VqT38tya

> Does `kill -SIGUSR1 1` help you?
Nope. The issue persists (and the output of `busctl` keeps the same).

Regards,
Gustavo Sousa