[systemd-devel] LinkLocalAddressing fallback on DHCP failure

Thad Phetteplace tdphette at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:50:56 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 2:29 PM, Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com> wrote:

> Disabling IPv6 link-locals might be a very bad idea though. (You need a
> link-local to run SLAAC or DHCPv6, to begin with...)

Good point. Perhaps I should make it an IPv4 only feature, in which case
the LinkLocalFallback option could be just a boolean yes/no. That would be
a very minor tweak of what I have now since I haven't implemented any IPv6
stuff. Either way, I've made it so behavior is unchanged if the new options
are not used, so it should all be backward compatible.