[systemd-devel] Core dump

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 15:16:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018, 15:59 Povilas Brilius <pbrilius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Process 613 (plymouthd) crashed and dumped core.
>
> This usually indicates a programming error in the crashing program and
> should be reported to its vendor as a bug

Emphasis on "reported to its vendor" – Plymouth is not a systemd component.

Besides that, the report is *very* lacking in information – neither we nor
the actual Plymouth developers have a backdoor into your computer and can't
obtain information unless you provide it...

At minimum, you would need the backtrace (stack trace) from that coredump,
and/or a way to reproduce the crash.
--

Mantas Mikulėnas