[systemd-devel] Option to restart/start a service using sysrq magic key

P.R.Dinesh pr.dinesh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 12:43:22 UTC 2018

Is it possible to restart/start a service using sysrq magic key.

In my setup we have a getty service which controls the console.  For some
reason this gets stopped.  Once the getty service is stopped the console
connection to the device is hung.  The only way to recover is to reboot the
device.  In such case can we use any sysrq magickey to start or restart a
service or switch to a emergency target?