[systemd-devel] Adding support for "systemctl reboot --bootmenu" ?

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Tue Jun 12 10:11:41 UTC 2018

> Since how to tell $bootloader to show its menu will be
> bootloader specific I'm thinking about using a special
> target for this, which gets started before doing the
> reboot and then bootloaders can drop a (oneshot) .service
> file in that target which does whatever is necessary to get
> the bootmenu next boot.

Yes please, do not hardcode any UEFI specific ways to do stuff...
Embedded systems have all sorts of bootloader (U-Boot and barebox are
the most common but not the only ones) and we really need a way to plug
into that...
> So is this something worth considering?
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans

SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire