[systemd-devel] systemd-nspawn: starting multiple shells

aleivag aleivag at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 00:55:01 UTC 2018

hi:

so for finding the pid the solution its (big surprise :D ) using systemd,
instead of just executing you systemd-nspawn in bash you start it as a
systemd-unit (you can even do this as ephemeral unit with `sytemd-run
--unit myspawn.service systemd-nspawn ....bla...`)

then to get the ip of the nspawn process no need to ps aux you just do
`systemctl show -pMainPID myspawn.service`, that will give you the mainpid,
and your child you can get it with `pgrep -P`.

as personal oprinion... i much like `tail -f /dev/null` better than `sleep
<big number>` as a wait to "wait for ever"

Alvaro Leiva