[systemd-devel] About supporting relative values (e.g. 50%) in configuration

ChenQi Qi.Chen at windriver.com
Thu Mar 8 07:48:54 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I'd like to know if systemd community thinks that adding support for
relative values in configuration is a good idea.

I found a related patch and discussion in
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-May/032191.html.

Quoting from the comments:
"""

I'd always keep our basic structures as generic as possible, and as
close to the way CPUs work. Hence: store things as fixed-point
32bit/32bit internally, but make it configurable in percent as
user-pointing UI.

"""

According to the comments, it seems that adding such support is acceptable?

I' sending out this email because I want to check with the community
before I start to investigate more.

Best Regards,
Chen Qi