[systemd-devel] question about Wants and unit start-up order

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Mar 24 15:54:04 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-03-24 at 17:39 +0200, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:

> Which systemd version do you run? In v232,

systemd-219-42.el7_4.10.x86_64

> nss-lookup.target:Description=Host and Network Name Lookups
> nss-user-lookup.target:Description=User and Group Name Lookups

Same here:

# systemctl show nss-lookup.target | grep Description
Description=Host and Network Name Lookups
# systemctl show nss-user-lookup.target | grep Description
Description=User and Group Name Lookups

For my purposes, it is "Host and Network Name Lookups" that I am
looking to gate other things on but that target needs to wait for named
to be up before it is considered reached, which does not seem to be
happening here.

Cheers,
b.