[systemd-devel] User configs, BTRFS subvolume for /home and automatic service start during boot?

Thorsten Schöning tschoening at am-soft.de
Fri May 4 16:59:57 UTC 2018

Guten Tag Lennart Poettering,
am Freitag, 4. Mai 2018 um 18:07 schrieben Sie:

> Hmm, you said /home was a subvolume? That suggests they are on the
> same fs? Not following here?

I guess "/etc/fstab" is clearer than my explanation:

> # / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
> UUID=0841ef72-e9d4-45ca-af22-a403783859c6 /               btrfs   noatime,nodiratime,subvol=@ 0       1
>
> # /home was on /dev/sda1 during installation
> UUID=0841ef72-e9d4-45ca-af22-a403783859c6 /home           btrfs   noatime,nodiratime,subvol=@home 0       2

So the same BTRFS file system containing two sub volumes. That seems
to work for user configs, my problem was a wrong "WantedBy".

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: Thorsten.Schoening at AM-SoFT.de

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04