[systemd-devel] systemd-tmpfiles duplicate line for path, ignoring

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu May 10 16:16:48 UTC 2018

On Mi, 09.05.18 21:01, Chris Murphy (lists at colorremedies.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see this in the journal
>
> May 09 14:36:06 f28h.local systemd-tmpfiles[3273]:
> [/etc/tmpfiles.d/suspendfix.conf:7] Duplicate line for path
> "/proc/acpi/wakeup", ignoring.
>
> This file contains:
>
> w /proc/acpi/wakeup - - - - PWRB
> w /proc/acpi/wakeup - - - - XHC
>

> They aren't really duplicate lines, as the lines themselves differ.
> The paths involved are duplicates. I guess the obvious work around is
> to use separate .conf files?

Hmm, we currently don't cover the above nicely.

What is the above actually supposed to do though? Should we really
write the above in two separate open()+write()+close() cycles? or
would it also work if the above is written as two newline separated
lines within one open()+write()+close() cycle? If  the latter we
should really beef up tmpfiles to accept the usual C escapes in the
argument parameter so that you could specifiy PWRB\nXHC as argument,
in a single line...