[systemd-devel] DynamicUsers and read-only /var

Antoine Pietri antoine.pietri1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:33:08 UTC 2018

Hi Jérémy,

On Wed, May 16 at 13:05 PM, Jérémy Rosen <jeremy.rosen at smile.fr> wrote:
> hmm, I think you could have the whole /var as a tmpfs and use
> systemd-tmpfiles (man:tmpfiles.d) to initialize /var at startup by
> copying some template directory from a read-only location (typicalli in
> /usr)

That's another interesting workaround, but ideally we'd like to let
all the packages install stuff in /var/lib like they would normally,
and only put some tmpfs in /var after that. I'll still keep that
solution in my mind if we have to use overlayfs and it doesn't work
for some reason.

Thanks,

--
Antoine Pietri