[systemd-devel] Debugging active timers that do not trigger

Michal Koutný mkoutny at suse.com
Thu Nov 15 11:03:53 UTC 2018

> It is possible that system never ends booting. Do you have any pending
> jobs (systemctl list-jobs)? What "systemctl is-system-running" says?
I don't think this is the case. The OnBootSec= is taken relatively to
the instant when the kernel started counting time (on Linux implemented
via CLOCK_MONOTONIC).

@Daniel, is it possible there are some daemon-reloads running
concurrently with the timer? More precisely, can it happen the timer
expires exactly when systemd reloads?

Michal