[systemd-devel] Revert "meson: use the host architecture compiler/linker for src/boot/efi" #10217

Mike Gilbert floppym at gentoo.org
Mon Oct 1 03:47:49 UTC 2018

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 1:57 PM Helmut Grohne <helmut at subdivi.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > This reverts commit df7caca.
>
> If you reverts df7caca, please also revert b710072 as that breaks cross
> builds.
>
> > The patch df7caca breaks normal build. Let's revert this, as I do not want to revert this every time when setting up a new build directory to test some branch.
>
> No, it doesn't. It only breaks the normal build if you supply a cc that
> consists of multiple words (such as "ccache gcc"). As a workaround, you
> can simply prepend /usr/lib/ccache to $PATH on most distributions.

meson automatically sets the C compiler ['ccache', 'cc'] if ccache is
in PATH. This happens by default unless CC is set in the environment.

Anyway, I submitted a pull request that fixes the issue, so no revert
will be necessary here.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/10220

Also, it would be much nicer if you would keep the discussion in one
place (github) instead of spreading it onto the mailing list. I did
not see this thread for several hours after having already fixed the
problem myself.