[systemd-devel] Does user timer start at boot?

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Tue Oct 2 15:40:24 UTC 2018

Lennart Poettering <mzerqung at 0pointer.de> writes:

> On Di, 02.10.18 17:14, Kamil Jońca (kjonca at o2.pl) wrote:
>
>> So I cannot run ONLY user timers?
>> (IE i have some services which I want only on user login, but I want to
>> use timers at boot?)
>
> Well, depends how you login happens. I think it would be wise for
> graphical DEs to enqueue some target as soon as a graphical login
> actually happens, i.e. gnome-session should probably start
> "gnome.target" or so, when an actual login happens, and then you could
> hook into that.

I think about little different situation.

I have some user timers.
I boot machine and I want these timers started, without user login or so.
A ... day after I log in to machine
And I want rest of user services started.
As I understand it is impossible with systemd?
KJ

--
http://wolnelektury.pl/wesprzyj/teraz/
Stupidity, like virtue, is its own reward.