[systemd-devel] Global nspawn container settings

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Oct 16 15:03:22 UTC 2018

Lennart Poettering wrote on 16/10/18 15:23:
> On Di, 16.10.18 14:15, Gervais, Francois (FGervais at distech-controls.com) wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw the .nspawn files which can be used to add settings to a specific machine.
>>
>> I'd like to know if there is a way to add settings to all machines at once.
>>
>> For example, I'd like all machines to bind-ro my .bashrc so I feel more at home :)
>
> No, this is not available currently. Sorry!

You could presumable add a drop in in
/etc/systemd/system/systemd-nspawn at .service.d/bashrc.conf

which has
ExecStart=
ExecStart=/usr/bin/systemd-nspawn ... --bind-ro=/home/francios/.bashrc

Or something similar?

Sure you'd have to ensure you stay up-to-date with any ExecStart changes
from upstream and it wouldn't apply to any manual call of systemd-nspawn
on the command line, but it would get it for machines started from
template units or via machinectl so may get you most of the way there.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie