[systemd-devel] Strange problem: Failed to get properties: Failed to activate service

Jan Synacek jsynacek at redhat.com
Mon Oct 22 08:24:42 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 3:29 PM Cecil Westerhof <cldwesterhof at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found out that in reality no reboot had taken place. For one reason or another that did not work. Doing:
>     systemctl reboot
>     systemctl poweroff
>     init 0
>     halt
>
> All did not work. Those gave messages like:
>     Transport endpoint is not connected

This is very familiar to me. Try this:

1) Boot the computer.
2) Run "systemctl daemon-reexec" as root.
3) Run "dmesg" as root.
4) Look for a pid 1 segfault or a message that says "Freezing execution".

If you see a SIGSEGV, let me know. Note that this problem is *not*
present in the upstream code base.

Cheers,
--
Jan Synacek