[systemd-devel] systemd user unit - how to prepare environment?

Peter Hoeg peter at hoeg.com
Wed Sep 12 09:28:00 UTC 2018

>> How does this compare to man 5 environment.d ?
>
>You can use that too. Difference is mainly that user.conf is what
>systemd itself reads.

So you are saying that DefaultEnvironment in user.conf will read immediately and therefore all services started by systemd will see that but since environment.d is processed by a generator, it might run later and therefore not all systemd started services will have the variables set? Or am I misunderstanding it?

--
Regards,
Peter