[systemd-devel] Prepend a number to the config file name

Gervais, Francois FGervais at distech-controls.com
Wed Sep 12 14:08:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

I saw some systemd examples on the web (i.e. 20-wired.network) that use a number at the beginning
of the config file name like we do for udev rules.

In systemd there's a pretty good control over ordering already in the configuration
itself so I'm not sure there would be a need to control the parsing order using file name tricks.

Would you say it's advisable to use such prepended number in file names with systemd?