[systemd-devel] systemd behavior during shutdown

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 19 08:03:03 UTC 2018

Tiwari, Hari Sahaya wrote on 19/09/18 06:01:
> Hi,
>

> I am facing one issue with systemd where systems socket is not opening a
> new connection during shutdown.
>
> I get below logs,
>

> Sep 12 20:01:32 jara2 systemd[1]: mytestX.socket: Incoming traffic
> Sep 12 20:01:32 jara2 systemd[1]: mytestX.socket: Suppressing connection
> request since unit stop is scheduled.
>

> I have one systemd service which is trying to open a new connection
> during shutdown sequence but looks like systemd sockets stop accepting
> new connections as soon as they are marked for stop.
>
> I tried putting various combination of dependencies but that didn’t
> help. Everytime getting the above message.

What dependence did you try?

Ultimately the service attached to this socket should be ordered
"before" the service which is trying to use it. This should mean that
the stop is not performed until after the unit that's using it.

I'm not 100% sure how the socket activation stuff works in this
scenario, but you may need to make sure the service unit of for the
socket is actually started rather than relying on socket activation...

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie