[systemd-devel] sd-bus: "cancelling" async method call

Stanislav Angelovič angelovic.s at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 22:50:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

Is there a way in sd-bus to "cancel" an async call issued through
sd_bus_call_async() or sd_bus_call_method_async()? Under cancelling here I
mean that the call issued can proceed to its end, but I'm just no more
interested in results and don't want sd-bus to invoke provided callback
when the reply comes.

sd_bus_call_async() and sd_bus_call_method_async() functions provide
sd_bus_slot* as an output argument, so if I applied sd_bus_slot_unref() on
that slot ptr would sd-bus ignore the async call reply then? Or is there
another way?

Thanks a lot :)

Stanislav.