[systemd-devel] udev_device_get_driver implementation

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Apr 24 18:37:19 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 10:10:08AM -0700, Sayeed hyder wrote:
> Forgot to hit "reply all"
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:52 AM Sayeed hyder <csayeedh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Greg,
> >
> > Sure, this is what I get if I use the syspath from
> > udev_device_get_syspath. As you can see, it is showing a symlink to a
> > device, and there is no driver. If it helps, it is a DAX mounted persistent
> > memory device.
> >
> > [image: image.png]

Sorry, can't see images from a text email client :(

Anyway, if this is a DAX device, are you _SURE_ you are dealing with a
real device that is controlled by a driver, and not just a class device?
Class devices do not have drivers.  How is the DAX device being exposed
to userspace?

Can you provide a text version of your image?  It's just sysfs, which is
text...

thanks,

greg k-h