[systemd-devel] Using systemd.offline-updates from an ostree based system

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 14:34:26 UTC 2019

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 at 14:47, Dan Nicholson <nicholson at endlessm.com> wrote:
> I think /etc is the only guaranteed to be writable location that's
> generic to all ostree systems. If possible, I'd get systemd to honor
> /etc/system-update.

Lennart, is the attached going to be acceptable to you (of course as a
PR with docs...), or do you want me to build a generator and ship
something in fwupd? Another completely acceptable answer might be:
just run the firmware update After=final.target as a one-shot
service...

If the /etc/system-update isn't too bad as a concept I'd really like
to keep everything in systemd so that if there are any changes to how
this works they are all done in one project, not two.

Richard