[systemd-devel] EXT :Re: Deferring start of service until file exists

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Aug 21 04:34:55 UTC 2019

Am 21.08.19 um 06:10 schrieb Mantas Mikulėnas:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019, 20:43 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net
> <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>

>     Am 20.08.19 um 18:56 schrieb Boyce, Kevin P [US] (AS):
>     > If this gets figured out, I would love to know how to do it as well.
>     >
>     > My experience with systemd is that it will proceed to start other
>     services once the dependencies have started, not necessarily exited.
>
>     no
>
>     that's only true for Type=simple or for broken services which are
>     forking too soon
>

> As written it's probably true for all types except Type=oneshot, I think
> that's what was meant by "exited". (I.e. not "daemonized")

hell no, oneshot orders too and it's even easier becaue it exists
completly and it takes you just 30 seconds to try it out or a little
expierience with systemd at all

the only thing where systemd can't wait is "simple" because there is no
forking and no exit and so systemd can't tell if the executeable is full
opertional

oneshot: no-brainer, ExecStart exists, next prdered service
forking: doble fork of ExecStart, next orderred service
notify:  mainpid even tells systemd "im ready, you can continue"