[systemd-devel] set-property CPUAffinity

Alexey Perevalov a.perevalov at samsung.com
Fri Aug 30 10:21:50 UTC 2019

Hi,

I found when we set CPUAffinity in unit file or property by DBUS we need
to restart daemon. It's strange because CPUShares could be applied w/o
restarting daemon. So after systemctl set-property my-slice CPUShares=50
I see changes in cgroup fs immediately, but CPUAffinity is not in the
property list and I don't see it in the upstream's
man/systemd.resource-control.xml, hence cpuset cgroup exists and on the
RHEL7 both libvirt & kubernetes handle its vm & pods in kubepods.slice
and machine.slice sub cgroup respectively in appropriate cpuset mount
point. And virsh allows to change cpu pinning for running VM, I guess it
goes not through systemd API.

The question is: changing CPUAffinity property (cpuset.cpus) is not yet
allowed in systemd API, right? Is it planned?

--
Best regards,
Alexey Perevalov