[systemd-devel] disable EDNS in systemd-resolved

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 09:25:20 UTC 2019

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 10:52 AM Marc Haber <mh+systemd-devel at zugschlus.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how would I disable EDNS in systemd-resolved? Some recursive DNS servers
> (for example in public hotspots) choke on queries with EDNS options.

I don't think there is a configuration option, but resolved *should*
automatically detect lack of EDNS support (grep the system log for
"feature"). Do the queries simply time out, or do they get rejected?

Make sure you don't have DNSSEC support set to "yes", since it depends on
EDNS.

--
Mantas Mikulėnas