[systemd-devel] Set the hardware clock via dbus?

Aurelian Melinte ame01 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 8 21:10:56 UTC 2019

Hello,

I am trying to flush the system time to the BIOS and the kernel does not

dbus-send \
     --system \
     --print-reply \
     --type=method_call \
     --dest='org.freedesktop.timedate1' \
            '/org/freedesktop/timedate1' \
             org.freedesktop.timedate1.SetLocalRTC \
                 boolean:false \
                 boolean:false \
                 boolean:false

The situation I am trying to address:
- systemd machines behind a firewall preventing ntpd to sync time. Ntpd
is up and running.
- we have an mechanism to get the time. We set the system time
- the hardware clock is not set and drifts

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks,
Aurelian

---