[systemd-devel] How to suppress "A start job is running for offline-updates" knight-rider status output?

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:07:39 UTC 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 6:04 PM Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>
wrote:

> Another option is to do this in your soruces btw:
>
> ```c
> (void) kill(1, SIGRTMIN+21);
> ```
>
> Sending SIGRTMIN+21 to PID 1 will disable the status output
> explicitly. If you are sure you don't want it you can just do that, in
> one line.

I used to do this from my getty@ ExecStartPre, instead of Type=idle, but
when doing it inside software there's no way to reliably undo it, without
knowing somehow whether the status was initially shown or hidden, is there?
I suppose that's fine if the system reboots after updates anyway...

--
Mantas Mikulėnas