[systemd-devel] Requires and After

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Tue Jan 1 11:44:04 UTC 2019

The short answer is that Requires without after makes little sense,
since you can't reliably know if your dependency is here without it
(if it fails at startup, you might or might not be started, depending
on the startup order systemd chooses)

however, for backward compatibility reasons, those two will most
likely stay separate.

I think a bigger warning in the docs that those two should usually
be used together would be welcomed.

Cheers
Jeremy

--
SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire