[systemd-devel] Requires and After

Jérémy Rosen jeremy.rosen at smile.fr
Wed Jan 2 09:13:33 UTC 2019

On 02/01/2019 10:08, Michael Chapman wrote:

>> Requires = Wants + Requisite + PartOf
>>
>> is that correct ?
> I think it's just:
>
>    Requires = Wants + PartOf
>
> Wants= propagates "start" and "restart" jobs as "start" jobs on the other
> unit.
>
> ConsistsOf= (the inverse of PartOf=) propagates "stop" and "restart" jobs
> as "stop" and "try-restart" jobs respectively on the other unit.
>
> So Wants= configures activation dependencies in one direction, and
> PartOf= configures deactivation dependencies in the other direction.
>
> (I'm taking this from transaction_add_job_and_dependencies in
> src/core/transaction.c, if anybody wants to check my working.)
So...

Requires = Wants + PartOf
Requires + After = Wants  + PartOf + Requisite + After

better ?
My goal is to try to clarify that in the documentation at some point...

--
SMILE <http://www.smile.eu/>

20 rue des Jardins
92600 Asnières-sur-Seine

*Jérémy ROSEN*
Architecte technique
Responsable de l'expertise Smile-ECS

email jeremy.rosen at smile.fr <mailto:jeremy.rosen at smile.fr>
phone +33141402967
url http://www.smile.eu

Twitter <https://twitter.com/GroupeSmile> Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/smileopensource> LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/smile> Github
<https://github.com/Smile-SA>

Découvrez l’univers Smile, rendez-vous sur smile.eu
<http://smile.eu/?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=signature>

eco Pour la planète, n'imprimez ce mail que si c'est nécessaire