[systemd-devel] clang-format: auto-formatting the code base of systemd

Sebastian Jennen sebastian.jennen at gmx.de
Fri Jan 4 14:08:58 UTC 2019

Hello Giacinto,

from a semantic point of view the source code should not change at all
with clang-format.

There is only one problem with the custom preprocessor pragma for the
"new" keyword, which needs to be excluded explicitly. See old pull
request here:
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/11254

Despite of that the whole source code can be reformatted. I tried
compiling after reformatting, which ran all tests just fine.

But the formatting output has to be checked, as some code might better
be reformatted by hand to enhance readability. But this is 'just' about
source code style.

Still a test of binary equality of the compiled binaries would be nice,
to assure that no meaning has been changed.

Thanks and Cheers, Sebastian