[systemd-devel] At wits end... need to execute a script prior to anything getting killed/changed on reboot/shutdown

Christopher Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Thu Jan 17 18:38:05 UTC 2019

On 1/17/19 12:09 PM, Christopher Cox wrote:
> On 1/17/19 11:54 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> It's default, that is, already set to "no" (shouldn't matter anyway,
>>> again the processes are nohup'd)
>> it is NOT default
>>
>> it defaults to YES and the whole discussions as that changed where about
>> nohup'd processes long ago
>
> Changing it to "no"... I'll let you know if this fixes things or not.

Actually, as it turns out the nohup'd processes are all owned by root,
so changing to "no" didn't fix, but it's my understanding that if the
setting isn't set root is always excluded anyhow.  Out of the 18
processes that are running, my script only sees 6 of them.  Again, it's
just doing a "ps -ef" to a file.  All 18 processes exist prior to
shutdown and the script shows that if I run  manually.