[systemd-devel] GithHub / private repos

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Jan 26 12:42:50 UTC 2019

On Di, 15.01.19 21:21, Alex Dzyoba (alex at dzyoba.com) wrote:

> When you create a new organization you can choose "Team For Open
> Source" plan. Here is the link
> https://github.com/account/organizations/new
>
> Though, I don't know if it's possible to upgrade the existing systemd
> organization, sorry. Maybe it's possible to contact github support to
> ask for this.

So I had a closer look at this, and found this:

https://help.github.com/articles/github-s-products/

IIUC "GitHub Team for Open Source" doesn't actually add anything we
need. Because what we need would actually be the ability for arbitrary
people (i.e. not people who necessarily are members of our systemd
team on github) to send us private PRs and issues in order to handle
security issues.

It appears to me that plan does not provide the core need we have:
allow those random folks from the Internet to report security issues
in privacy to us... Or what am I missing?