[systemd-devel] sd-bus: calling D-Bus method from a D-Bus method callback upon the same D-Bus connection

Stanislav Angelovič angelovic.s at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:15:49 UTC 2019

Hi guys,

in sd-bus, when D-Bus method callback of my service is invoked (someone is
calling me), is it possible to issue another synchronous call to another
service upon *the same sd_bus connection*? I.e. does sd_bus instance allow
that while it is processing incoming requests and invoking callbacks, a
callback in its body uses this sd_bus instance to quickly issue another
request-reply call before returning?

Or in such a case, the proxy needs to create a connection of its own for
that quick request-reply round?

Thanks :)