[systemd-devel] Verify only single file

Dennis Ljungmark spider at modio.se
Mon Jul 1 14:00:22 UTC 2019

Hi,
  on my current Fedora (30) system, I'm trying to hook a test to
validate systemd unit files via `systemd-analyze verify`

this however has a problem that it analyzes & verifies the entire
chain, reporting errors if _any_ of the system units has an error.

Is there a way to limit `verify` to only run on the targetted units,
while maintaining the dependency tracking (units should exist)  but
not causing errors just because one of the system active units has a
PIDFile set in /var/run, or similar.

Ie:  I want to verify the dep-chain being okay, and that my own files
have correct syntax and is up to par, but not cause a hard failure
just because something on the system is wrong.

It's a lovely idea that everyone should always have completely
functional and clean unit files, but sadly Fedora and others don't
have this by default, so the current `systemd-analyze verify`
behaviour fails for me :(