[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: Antw: Startup single step

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jul 3 12:10:33 UTC 2019

Am 03.07.19 um 11:59 schrieb Ulrich Windl:
> Well an actual fact: I upgraded a system yesterday, and I spend about eight
> reboots and about 5 hours just to find out WHY systemd booted into an emergency
> shell. Compared to the old init I would have found and fixed that in one boot I
> guess.

would you mind the problem?

i mean i run fedora with systemd on 40 setups, systemd was introdued
with F15 which means 40x14 (currently on F29) *560 dist-upgrades* on
systemd based systems without a single time face the emergency shell or
a really systemd related problem preventing boot

the emergency shell i knwo only from testing vms when i fucked up
somthing on my own coming up give nme the chance to fix it wout boot
from an ISO image