[systemd-devel] journald deleting logs on LiveOS boots

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Jul 17 22:17:12 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:

> This is still a problem with systemd-242-5.git7a6d834.fc31.x86_64
>
> If I boot using 'systemd.journald.forward_to_console=1
> console=ttyS0,38400 console=tty1 systemd.log_level=debug rd.debug
> rd.udev.debug'
>
> There is no debug output forwarded to console, only kernel messages
> and normal systemd logging is forwarded.

Going to a working/installed system so I don't have to deal with this
bug; I'm still finding all kinds of messages that appear on
virt-manager's console, despite the forward to console boot param,
that do not get forwarded to ttyS0 when I'm connected using 'virsh
console $(vmname)' So?? Is that a bug? It seems like a bug.

Example from "virsh console" output:

[   25.009292] systemd[1]: Started NTP client/server.
[   40.797229] input: spice vdagent tablet as /devices/virtual/input/input5

But on the virt-manager console, there's a pile of messages from 26
seconds through 40 seconds. Why are they missing?

--
Chris Murphy