[systemd-devel] systemd.journald.forward_to doesn't forward all journal messages

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Jul 31 22:27:47 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 12:30 PM Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not mean to sound like an ass here - especially since you have spent hours of time ripping this stuff apart on Fedora live media (I actually thought initially since you were digging so deep, you worked there), but I mean really - what is the point?

That you do not understand the point or lack the imagination for a
point doesn't mean there isn't a point.

> Are you planning on using a Fedora Live Media image as production?  If so, you clearly have not encountered all the stuff that usually does not work on live media and should create your own anyhow.

The forwarding problem is reproducible on installed systems.

> I apologize, but I just do not get the effort spent here by anyone.

The Obi Wan quote seems to apply here. "Who's the more foolish, the
fool, or the fool who follows him?"

You're invited to stop following me.

--
Chris Murphy