[systemd-devel] Antw: Re: suggestion: auto reload as the default to help packagers?

Michael Chapman mike at very.puzzling.org
Mon Jun 3 08:17:36 UTC 2019

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019, Ulrich Windl wrote:
[...]
> Where is the definitive documentation for these (rather new) RPM features?

https://rpm.org/user_doc/file_triggers.html

For Fedora specifically:
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Scriptlets/

> And do all the major RPM-based dirstributions support these?

File triggers have been available since RPM 4.13.

For packages that ship systemd units, so long as they use the various
%systemd_* macros in the correct places, everything should work correctly
no matter which RPM-based distribution the package is being built for.
That's because the %systemd_* macros are tailored appropriately for each
of those distributions -- I already noted how they differ between current
versions of systemd and the version of system on RHEL 7, for instance.