[systemd-devel] Building systemd

Leonardo Akel Daher leonardo.daher at usp.br
Sun Jun 9 20:58:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am trying to make a Pull Request for systemd, but I am struggling running
the tests locally (before making any code changes). I get the error of the
attached image when running "ninja -C build/ test".

I then decided to try using mkosi to create an image, but then I get this
other error (attached on this other image). I currently use Ubuntu, so
should I change the file mkosi.default so it includes Ubuntu's file instead
of Fedora's?

Another problem I faced, but have already fixed was while installing Meson.
In Ubuntu's package manager, the latest Meson version is < 0.46, so when
running "meson build", it renders an error stating that my Meson version
should be >= 0.46. I fixed this by installing Meson through Python's
package manager, pip. But, I think this would be a problem when trying to
build the Ubuntu image with mkosi. How would I install the pip's version of
Meson instead of Ubuntu package manager's?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Thank you,

Leonardo