[systemd-devel] How to set custom default target permanently?

ashitha v ash15489 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:16:24 UTC 2019

Hi,

How can I change the default.target to a custom.target permanently? When
the image is booting, it is set to multi-user.target by creating a symlink
from /etc/systemd/system/default.target. If I do systemctl set-default
custom.target,
then the subsequent boots have the right default.target and works fine.
 If I were to link default to custom.target during file system
installation, would that get overridden by the multi-user.target? When
should the linking take place for systemd to identify the right
default.target? Who sets the symlink from default.target to
multi-user.target?

Thanks
Ashitha