[systemd-devel] Effect of reset-failed on service that is not in failed state

prashantkumar dhotre prashantkumardhotre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 05:45:22 UTC 2019

Hi,
Is there any side-effect of the 'reset-failed' operation on a service that
is not in failed state.
My understanding is , in that case, it is no-op.
I have an app which uses dbus API for systemd to start/stop services.
Here I always the startApp() of my app should always result in starting of
app, even if it is inn failed/stopped state.
Is it safe to always call 'reset-failed' systemd dbus API before I call
'start' dbus API, in my startApp() ?
Thanks